We've written before about the need for quality multilingual support in the contact centers operated by property and casualty insurance carriers. "Quality" is key: the solution selected should take into account reliability (ensuring it's available when you need it) and security (so that the partnership doesn't compromise your customers' private information).
Good writing has its place, but sometimes a visual representation is needed to make the case. Here's an infographic to share with your team, designed to illustrate the need for quality multilingual support in a P&C organization:
Language Service Options for Property and Casualty Insurance Providers
Currently, one out of every five Americans speaks a language other than English at home.
About 20% of the US population would rather file their insurance claim or speak about their policy in a language other than English.
Which means you have a large group of current and potential members that don’t speak English well enough to communicate with you about their insurance needs and claims. And they all speak a diverse mix of languages.
Most likely, you already have a language services provider for:
- Phone interpretation
- Document translation
- On-site interpreters
So you know that common problems with language services providers include:
- Long wait times for phone, video, or on-site interpretation
- Interpreters working from unsecured locations (at home or offshore)
- Offshore interpreters unfamiliar with US address systems and insurance products
- Lack of security for confidential or private information
- Content of interpretation calls subject to scrutiny under Gramm-Leach-Bliley
- Lack of continuous interpreter quality monitoring
- Paying multiple times for the same translated text
- Lacking language services support for mobile apps and other new technologies
- Possible issues with accuracy of interpreted information
To fix these problems, you have to consider:
- Interpreter training
Did you know Voiance has already considered all of that for you? And we already provide for two of the top four largest property and casualty insurers. Our secure, onshore contact centers enable high quality, cost efficient services from classroom-trained medical interpreters.
Isn’t it time to make the switch? Experience the Voiance Advantage.
Need more evidence to make the case for quality multilingual support? Give a listen to this episode of the Claims Journal Podcast, featuring a discussion on the need for language access from a former manager with a top-five US auto insurer. Then, contact our resident property and casualty consultant to learn more about a relationship with Voiance.